Thursday, 8 January 2015

2014 Favourites


Hello everyone! It is now 2015 and it feels like forever since I last posted, I have Christmas and my laptop breaking to blame for this. With all that out of the way though, I thought I would share with you some products I loved and clung to during 2014. 

Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25hr Skin Perfecting Medium Coverage Foundation: 
This is a product that was sent to me to try earlier this year and it very quickly became my new favourite foundation. I like this foundation due to the light weight feel it has when it is applied to the face. Unlike some light weight feeling foundations this one has great coverage and is easy to control when applying. And finally the best thing about this foundation is that it is SUPER LONG LASTING!!! I haven't timed it, but the 25hr, sweat, heat, and transfer proof promise it has is pretty spot on, especially if you set it with powder.  I highly recommend this product and encourage you to check it out, you can buy it from Priceline here
Covergirl Shadow Pencil,Flamed Out In The shade 'Ginger Flame':
This is a product I picked up not that long ago, and I am including it in my favourites because I think it is a nice staple piece of make up. Its pink pearl colour provides for a nice subtle flush of colour to your eyelids on days where you are wearing minimal make up or don't have time to do anything fancy. I also like to sometimes use this pencil as an eyeliner as it adds a little bit of sparkle and brightness to my eyes. You can check this product out here.

Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying Powder In '10 Classic Ivory' :
This powder is my go to, everyday face powder (especially on hot days), why? Because it prevents sweat from ruining my make up haha! Apart from that super positive factor it is also a great powder due to its flawless looking coverage. Highly recommend for people with oily skin as it has properties in it that dissolve oils and instantly set your makeup. See it here.

Jessup Eyeshadow/Blending Brush:
Last year I purchased a 10 piece Jessup brush set from Ebay after watching Krissy Grotez's review them in one of her YouTube videos. ( You can watch her video right here! )  
They are amazing dupes for Sigma brushes and are incredibly inexpensive, I brought them for $11 with free shipping which was a bargain! The price has however now gone up to $13.56 due to popularity but is still super cheap, as that is commonly the price of one brush across many different brands. The brush I have pictured is just a round blending brush which is my favourite out of the 5 eye brushes the set came with. I love the quality of these brushes as they are so soft!!! These brushes would be perfect for anyone who is just starting to get into makeup or for someone who is looking for inexpensive products to expand their kit. There is a lot of accounts on Ebay selling the Jessup brushes but this is the account Krissy and I purchased them from: Jessup Makeup Brushes.

Real Techniques Blush Brush:
The RT Blush Brush is a brush that I always reach for to apply powder/blush/bronzer anything! It is a very versatile soft brush that needed to be included in my 2014 favourites as I used it repetitively.
You can read more about it or purchase it here.

Australis Neon Crush Bronzer:
Bronzers are products I find difficult to buy because often the colours of them are too dark or crazily pigmented. Generally I stick to Rimmel Sun bronze but this one from Australis has done me pretty proud, it is not heavily pigmented and doesn't contain a glitter overdose which is what I like in a bronzer. The only thing I don't really like about this product is the very loud and corny packaging which has YOLO printed into the powder... Aside from that the actual product suits my skin tone quite well and gives me a nice glow. 
Rimmel London Provocalips 16hr kiss proof lip colour in '700 Skinny Dipping':
This lip range was probably Rimmel's most talked about range of the year, and the attention these products received was well deserved because they are fab. The colour I have pictured is the perfect nude lip colour for my skin tone, and was a colour I often wore during the year. This lip stain is very long lasting and feels relatively comfortable on your lips throughout the day. The provocalips range has 8 awesome colours check it out here
Mac Satin Lipstick in 'Brave':
I was very excited to receive this for christmas and it very quickly became my favourite lipstick ever!
I love the colour and texture of this lipstick and find it to be a great staple to anyone's lipstick collection.
What more can I say? #love 


Well that concludes my 2014 Favourites! What were your favourite products? Did I mention any of them? I hope 2015 is wonderful for you, speak to you soon! xxx







5 comments:

  1. I bought the Maybelline powder, but haven't yet used it. I need to use up my Rimmel Stay Matte powder first, but I'm glad that you love it!! It makes me excited to use it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like i'm going to have to purchase MAC's "brave" lip color :) x

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you should :') hehe let me know what you think! x
      followed you on bloglovin.

      Delete